Creation of Advisory Boards
Gelman & Associates is a strong proponent of forming advisory boards, especially for privately held mid-size companies. The reason is that advisory boards often help companies perform better.
Companies use advisory boards to:
- Provide the CEO/owner with a body of trusted outside professional experts.
- Establish good corporate governance and best-management practices.
- Ensure that internal processes are consistent with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other legal requirements.
- Provide functional support in areas where the company may have weaknesses.
- Prepare for creating a formal board of directors for the company.
- Increase the market value of the company.
Gelman & Associates helps:
- Identify and recruit members for your advisory board,
- Bring the board up to speed on your company and develop processes and goals that will best serve the company's interests.
- Advise you on the best ways to introduce a board to your management and help members understand, and work within, your company's culture.
- Develop the board's mission, charter, mandates, responsibilities, composition, compensation and meeting schedule.
Once an advisory board is established, we are able to provide ongoing meeting facilitation.